These workshops will mostly be open to the public at large and will contain topics that everyone could learn from. Over time workshops for professionals, parents, teachers and social workers will be expanded. We encourage you to come back to view new additions to choose from.
Individuals who enter these workshops must know that the sessions will be recorded. At this time these first workshops are being reviewed by AOTA to grant continuing education credits.
We live in an age of information and as such, we have to keep our ear on the ground with regards to current topics and trends. Our goals would be:
- To ensure information reaches the ears that need to hear
- To be current on available research that should be shared
- To create a platform of shared and creative interest
- To provide practical application to theory
- To discuss case studies that may be helpful to the viewer
As topics of interest arise, we might host a guest speaker or arrange a webinar on a topic that we have researched for current information.
The categories will vary from child development to parenting information to professional intervention on a variety of topics, including:
- Different diagnostic categories
- Hot topics such as “screen time”, etc.
- Intervention techniques
- Assessment of individual profiles
- Practical parenting ideas
We would like to know if you have a specific topic that would interest you. Please contact [email protected] with your thoughts and ideas.
DIR/Floortime in the School System
How does one apply the Developmental Individual Differences, Relationship Model (DIR) in the school system? How do you assess behavior in a developmental frame that makes sense to education? Is DIR only about “play” and does it hold any educational relevance at all?...